Sunday, December 26, 2010

Gucci In The Desert

I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas! I absolutely love Christmas. In my family Christmas eve is bigger than Christmas day (leading up to midnight, when Jesus was born). Between spending time with family, eating awesome food (tamales, pozole, menudo-oh my!) and celebrating the birth of Christ, Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year. 


I will be posting pictures of some of the gifts I received, but I have to wait until tomorrow for good lighting. (Yes, it's my fault for posting so late). In the meantime, i've been meaning to post some pictures that I actually took on Thanksgiving Day. As a Merchandise Marketing student, I love paying attention to how merchandise is photographed in magazines. I always love when the photographer takes such an elegant product or garment, and has a model posing in the garment, or with the product in a rugged place, or in the middle of a dirt road. It's the contrast that catches my eye. For fun, I took these pictures with some pieces from my mom's Gucci collection. 




                           Dress and Tights by Xhilaration, from Target


                    'D Gold' large hobo with D ring detail handbag by Gucci



Gucci Monogram Canvas Continental D Ring Wallet


         Gucci Square Sunglasses by Gucci, Earrings from Styles For Less


Yes, I mix high end pieces with fast fashion pieces :) and so can you!


xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment